Transseed is looking for someoone who is proficient with using various types of equipment, laying out jobs working with clients and managing personnel. Other tasks associated with buried utility construction are necessary, including clean-up, reporting, working with PM’s and operating equipment.
Job roles and responsibilities will be listed below, but not limited to the following:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education, plus a minimum of 4 years of field drill operations experience.
***Previous “FIELD” experience in construction OSP can substitute for education and field experience. Military experiences and background would also be considered as a substitute for experience.
Lifting Requirements: Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, able to physically walk several meters and skilled with some heavy duty equipment.
Role & Responsibilities: The Transseed OSP Foreman will need to be able to perform underground construction, directional drilling and any other OSP services.
• Foreman must have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work independently and in Team setting at times and demonstrate good judgment and logical problem solving skills.
• Foreman must be knowledgeable with all typical safety procedures and apply them at all times.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted, more assisted.
• Be proficient with missile, drill, locate, excavation activities and basic construction operations since they will be working with multiple groups within the OSP division.
• Be able to troubleshoot construction challenges that occur and effectively report issues, identify change orders, and communicate concerns with the PM or client.
• Be able to perform construction labor duties and help OSP team members when needed to include excellent skills with mini-excavator and backhoe.
• Must be mechanically inclined to assist with daily maintenance of company vehicles and equipment.
• Must be detailed oriented and familiar with computers and reporting systems.
• Work outside in all types of weather.
• Drug testing and a background check are required
• Must have a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
• Operator must have a clean record, driving and otherwise.
***Ability to operate a plow is a huge plus…