Transseed is looking for someone who is proficient with using various types of Directional Drill Locate System equipment. Other tasks associated with buried utility construction are necessary, including clean-up, assisting drill team with set up and mobilization of equipment. Picking up materials and working closely with the OSP Project Management Team.
Locators roles and responsibilities will be listed below, but not limited to the following:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education, plus a minimum of 4 years of field operations experience with any type of Horizontal Directional Drills successfully placing telecommunication plant in both long-haul and right of way easement projects.
***Previous “FIELD” experience in construction OSP can substitute for education and field experience. Military experiences and background would also be considered as a substitute for experience.
Lifting Requirements: Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, able to physically walk several meters and skilled with some heavy duty equipment.
Role & Responsibilities: The Transseed OSP Locators will need to be able to perform underground construction, directional drilling and any other OSP services.
• Locator must have good communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work independently at times and demonstrate good judgment and logical problem solving skills.
• Locator must be knowledgeable with all typical safety procedures and apply them at all times.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted, more assisted.
• Be able to proficiently utilize and operate DitchWitch Locating Systems and must have at least 3 years consecutive years of experience locating on a drill team.
• Be able to locate both cables and utilities and possess the abilities to improvise in tight or congested placement areas such as: city, communities, highways, or high profile sites.
• Be able to spot cable when needed.
• Must be mechanically inclined to perform maintenance on company vehicles or assist with routine preventive maintenance of the directional drill.
• Must be detailed and TEAM oriented.
• Work outside in all types of weather.
• Drug testing and a background check are required!
• Must have a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
• Operator must have a clean record, driving and otherwise.
***Ability to operate a plow is a huge plus…